Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Why This Blog and Not My Old Blog

I'm not sure really, why I feel compelled to start a new blog.  Perhaps it's because when I started my old blog I was pregnant with my first child.  It turned into a chronicle of transition out of the military, into Navy Wife-dom, and perhaps most significantly, transformation into a mother.  I'm thankful I have it to look back on, but it seems like I'm in such a different place now.

I couldn't have imagined back then, even with all my ideals, that I would be the parent of the bunch I have now.  I couldn't have dreamt up Ethan, Matthew, Silas or Eleanor...even if I was a really good imagine-er.  I couldn't have fathomed what it would be like to grow each of them in my belly, to birth each of them into the world and then live thousands of days with them.  I couldn't have imagined these days where I am at once awed by their presence and still frustrated by their sheer neediness.  I couldn't have imagined, in my finite, tiny brain, having to research and explain both ziggurats and zeppelins on the very same day and somehow being exhausted by this research and explanation.  And yet, Someone knew this is exactly what would happen.  I like to tell my children about my life before them, and they will ask, "Mom, was I born yet when you did that?"  I tell them no, but they did exist, in the mind of the One who created them.  Before they were in my belly, they were in the mind of the Creator of the Universe.  Ending my stories that way always seems to satisfy them.

And so, I start with a fresh page, because I feel very much like the fresh page I started with in 2007 needs to be turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment